Saturday, February 9, 2008

Wiki...Who Knew?

This week continued our discussion of Web 2.0 and Connectivism. 2 former 830 students presented the wikis they designed last semester. While I have had exposure to Wikipedia and various E-books, it wasn't until we viewed these examples that I gained a better understanding of the power of the wiki. Collaboration on a wiki was a no brainer. What was most interesting to me was the ability to use it for an LMS.

Today, I created my wiki site for this course using Wetpaint. The functionality on this tool is very user friendly. I originally had my mind set on using a blog to capture my thoughts for the course. However, after setting up a template in Wetpaint and discovering it's functionality, I just may be switching over.

This initial wiki authoring experience has enabled me to start thinking about a wiki enabled solution for the Lowell High School Forensic Society. My initial discussion with the coach has sparked a lot of interest and enthusiasm. I believe I may have found my topic for my 830 final project. Woo! Hoo!

2 comments:

Yu-Fen said...

I got my wikibook too. Also I joint yours. And I found out that I can edit what you have written. It's kind of weird for me. I can change people's opinion just by clicking some bottoms. Woooow. I don't know if I like the idea or not.

Come and See Africa said...

I like the way you set up for the weekly reflection on your wiki site. I agree with you that wiki is better. Also, I added few things to your wiki site, to let you know I visited.