Sunday, March 16, 2008

Collaboration!


I have to admit that our work group had some really great ideas for the 'teens and technology' article. Collaborating with Yu-Fen and Kurt in Google docs, Gmail and Google Talk has shed new light on just exactly how web 2.0 can impact the learning experience outside the classroom.

Suffice to say, a deeper level of collaboration occurred when we met in person. Ideas flowed from one another effortlessly and seamlessly (hmmm terms from 'the new economy'). With our final edit in sight, I hope our peers will enjoy the fruit of our efforts.

And like Kurt, I am not a betting man per se, but our final product is something to be reckoned with!

This week we saw presentations on Voicethread, Diigo, and SecondLife. I've always been fascinaed with the SecondLife concept but am still not finding any real attraction to creating a virtual me to live in a virtual world- I think I need to work on my real home and vacation home before a virtual home! Voicethread, looks promising, I've added it to my growing list of web 2.0 sites that I need to check out. Diigo...I'll leave it alone.

2 comments:

Yu-Fen said...

It's really really fun and inspiring to work with you guys. You forget we are using youtube as well. Now I am so Web 2.0. HA!

Come and See Africa said...

Seems like your group had fun learning together.