Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Follow the Delicious Twits


Giovanna did a presentation on Twitter. I'm still not convinced that I have a use for it in my life. Besides who wants to be 'followed'? Stalking is a crime isn't it?

Kim asked us how the Twitter could be used in the classroom. She came up with cheating on exams.

Admittedly, that is the first thing that came to my mind. There was a story in the Atlanta local news last year about cell phones in school and how students would text one another in a class for answers during an exam! Perhaps they used Twitter to communicate?

Heidi did a presentation on Del.icio.us.com. Have read alot about and even saw the icons on my favorite websites. Still haven't signed up for an account. I see the value in creating one and will need to do so...much later tonight. I'll also need to contribute to the class 'delicious' site with some web 2.0 material for corporate America. Ever since being a part of the 'new economy' (aka. dot bombs) I've tried to keep up on what's hot in business. Web2.0 is not new to tech companies, but unfortunately most traditional companies are stuck in web 1.0 (thanks Josh!)

3 comments:

Come and See Africa said...

I'd love to know how business are using Twitters.

Marcus P. said...

Most professionals have a Blackberry (BB) hand held device. With it you can connect to others via voice, SMS, and email. The beauty of it is you can use distribution lists to send messages. The messages can be sent to email addresses (which link to BB or regular email accounts) and SMS.

As I understand how Twitter works, it seems like it is limited in its capabilities to communicate with colleagues in a professional setting (140 charter limit, requires others to register for the service, etc.).

I like the idea that all your twitter messages are captured online in 1 space, so it has a running log/dialog of your life. This just makes the technology even less applicable to business.

Yu-Fen said...

I have the same feeling that why bothers to use Twitters. I can use my cell phone to send a text message to one or more people at same time. I can log in my account in my cell phone company and type the texting by my keyboard; the same, send it to one or more people. How come to use Twitters?

Well, I come out a good reason to use Twitters in Taiwan...Sending text messages cost me; however, getting them is free. So I can use Twitter to send text messages without any fee. Wait a minute, am I right??