Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Sigh of Relief...

Finals are over! This semester was much busier than I expected. ITEC 830 was a great learning experience. I've always thought of myself as being 'tech savvy' but after this course in web 2.0 and all it has to offer, I feel like a tech newbie again. 15 weeks later, I am now blogging, creating wiki books for projects and learning about a bunch of other collaboration software. It's really cool.

The more I talk about these new technologies, my friends become more interested and suddenly I've got people buying me dim sum on Facebook!

I thought I had it all planned out...leave my post in corporate America, head back to school and get my MA in Education (quickly) and then re-enter the workforce to 'do training' somewhere. Pretty easy plan to execute.

1 year later, I am engaging in conversations on how to use web 2.0 technologies to solve common problems in the office, launching a social networking site for ITEC, designing and developing collaboration and wiki tools for a high school forensics team and...the list goes on.

The doors are wide open...and as I said after completing my undergrad degree, "the future is bright, so I gotta wear my shades!"

I had a blast with my colleagues in all my classes. This summer will be busy with projects, a consulting gig and an internship. So I wish everyone a great summer break and see y'all on campus in the fall!

And...
Don't forget to sign-up on myITEC!

1 comment:

Yu-Fen said...

Good for you keeping busy during the summer. I am totally FREE. I don't know if I will get bored after few not-doing-anything weeks. Ha!